Friday, August 22, 2014

Ever since working at Peruvie, I've seen many familiar faces coming through the door. Just today I saw the security manager of Le Meridien dining in at Penang Village, and yesterday I saw my primary school teachers dining in at Peruvie. It's funny and yet very touching that the teachers who taught me in primary school 10+ years back could remember me. She can't remember my name but she was like "eh you don't remember us already ar? Just walk right pass us?" that time I was just coming in for work so yea was so focused in getting my card punched I didn't look at faces of the guest dining in at the restaurant. But what really touched me was she remembered my face despite so many years, either my face hasn't change or well.. I think my face didn't change -.-'' looks like years of waiting at the car park daily for Mrs. Wang to arrive and help her carry books paid off :) she remembered Wei Mei too lol we were the Wei Mae/Mei's back in primary school. Basically inseparable yet constantly always fighting with each other don't-friend-you style. We were like her pet students, we get free milk though we weren't on the milk program, get lighter canings :p and getting well, treated nicer hahaha bias but true. Mrs. Wang was there with my form teacher then Ms Tan, my classmate and her mother. Ah.. How much we have all grown, that particular classmate who was present that day was the one we had a lot of drama with too last time, but as we spoke yesterday, we shared a moment of laughter at how childish we were back then. She has grown up quite well, gorgeous too and going to be pursuing her Masters, makes me wonder what the heck I'm doing with my life.. Why I no like to study? Honestly I'm just afraid of research that's all hahaha. 

Anyway, yea I feel touched everytime someone I barely know recognizes me coz it's always been the other way round in my life. I know them but they don't know me. So eventually when I see people I know but I don't think they would know me I would run and hide, coz it would be awkward right, saying hi and then they say "who are you?" -.-" seeing people I know in the restaurant really boost my motivation and then I get hyper to the point my colleagues thinks I'm crazy -.- but well I think they secretly like it coz I work faster lol so.. Pay me a visit will ya? I know my boss will thank you ;)

No comments: