Monday, July 28, 2014

It's sad how loved ones are so shy and courteous around us, with every action which is expected from us is greeted with a thank you, or doing something on their own even though they are weak because they are shy to get us to do it for them...it hurts to see them being so courteous. 

On the other hand, it's sad how we take people for granted too.. Same task, but depending on different person, the willingness defers too.. Why are we so willing to do something for a stranger/ a friend, yet when our parents ask us to do it, we murmur or we don't do it at all? 

Cherish and appreciate your loved ones while you can.

–––––––––––––––– • ––––––––––––

My grandparent came to KL for a visit yesterday, and this morning, we took them to the Kiara Park in Taman Tun. We didn't go there to exercise like we normally do, but we just went there to have a stroll. Taking my grandparents there and seeing them being fascinated by nature really made me realize how we take things around us for granted A LOT. We stood by the pond as they marveled at how many tortoise there were in the pond and how many fishes there were. And my mum laughed at their reaction and said "it's like when you were younger like that" and that brought me to realize how busy we are with our own fast paced life that we forgot to take a step back and admire the beauty of the things around us. And I don't 'blame' my grandparents for reacting that way, because I know if I were to stop and admire the beauty of the park, I would react the same way too. It's fun to sometimes observe kids when they are in the park. So carefree, fascinated by the simple things in life, chasing the pegeons, catching tadpoles, fascinated by the birds/monkeys in the park. Everything is new to them.. 

No comments: