Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Faith in humanity restored!

I just witness the most beautiful thing while I was out groceries shopping in my neighborhood grocers. A lady paid for a small carton of milk for a little boy in front of her. I think the story went a little along the lines of the mother couldn't pay for the milk therefore forgoing the milk at the counter. Then the lady who was next in line, paid for the milk and gave it to the boy without the mother realizing. The mother was so shock on how he got the milk and came back to the shop thinking the boy took it without paying and asked if the milk was paid for. Well it was fully paid, and the little boy was already in the midst of finishing the milk. 

That little scene there brought a smile to my face. That out of the robberies, rape and violence out there, there is still some kindness to be witness every day. It doesn't have to be a large sum of money nor a huge packet of something; all it takes was a humble box of 250ml milk carton to be a blessing, to put a smile on not only the little boy's face, but to his mother, the cashier, mine and everyone else who witnessed it. Am truly touched to be able to witness such occurrence. 

I've always wanted to do something like that, but I thought I would never be able to do it because I thought if I were to do something like that, I would have to go to a grocer where majority of the people are poverty stricken. But today just proves to me that we can be a blessing anywhere and everywhere we are. 

No comments: