Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Nostalgia over reference books

Went to the bookshop today to look for teaching materials. Browsing through the rows and rows of SPM reference books brings me back to the memories of my high school days. Boy do I miss them. Taking up each book (chemistry, mathematics, history) reminds me of the times where I sit in school and mugged the subject. Looking through the books, I wondered why didn't I study harder last time, there were some things in there that I have yet to fully grasp the logic/meaning of it. Standing there, I found myself trying to solve the questions in the book. I actually fought the urge to buy those thick thick SPM reference books. I still remember last time our bags were so heavy solely because of the reference book we bring around. I always thought that having a few reference book of different subjects were cool. It's as if it portrays the image of intellectual intelligence (though sometimes it may not be that way lol) but yes I miss those days where reference book, note books and exercise books are sprawled all over the table. It's a beautiful mess.. Really! When I came to Uni, there were no such things as text books anymore. Everything were slides and print-out notes. We don't carry books anymore, and studying became a last minute affair. Pros and cons really, but I definitely miss those days where people would ponteng class to study and I would still faithfully come to class to study or meeting up at the TTDI library to "study" because do we really study? But most of the time I would study alone in the library, that's my way of studying ;) except for the 1 or 2 rendezvous with Houyi and the gang. Ah.. Good old times.. Or maybe I'm just unable to let go of the past :/ 

1 comment:

Mag-Da-Lene said...

Let's go study in library again!!! Jio you this time.