Wednesday, August 14, 2013

random


Just read an article about acid attacks happening around the world especially in Cambodia, Pakistan India and Bangladesh. Its quite sad to read coz these ladies did nothing wrong, and some of them are splashed with acid just because they are beautiful, that their man could not stand other man whistling and staring at her, that they laugh too loud, that they go to school, that they reject love from men. Apart from being beautiful and getting ppl whistling at me, I would be guilty and be splashed by sulphuric acid til i disintegrate into thin air.....especially for laughing too loud. Jokes aside, these women's lives are ruin in just mere seconds, and according to their community, becomes a liability to their family because these women would not be able to find a husband. Some who has a husband, would then be abandoned by their husbands because of their disfigured looks.

That being said, it got me thinking... what would I do, if my husband/boyfriend would to meet such a tragedy? Words would immediately say, of course I would stick by his side! But in reality would I? So much more easier said than doing it...the amount of patience and care required, motivation and perhaps even more liability as there is less income coming in but more money going out. Something Ariel said which was although blunt but very true indeed - love cannot put food on the table, made me laugh but yea so true... then it got me thinking of Chris Medina, he was going to marry his gf, but just before the wedding, she met with an accident and made her paralysed waist down. It was extra sad for her coz they weren't married yet, he could have just left her. If i've not mistaken, i think i read somewhere that she even gave him the green light to leave her and find another woman, but he chose to stay by her side which inspired him to write this song "what are words" and what he said was also true, "what are words if you really don't mean them when you say them? What are words if they're only for good times then they're done" It's deep the lyrics that he wrote, but it sure takes lot's of courage to make the decision he made. I think if I was the victim, I would let my other half go, so that he would not get burden with my affairs, but then again not as if I would have the strength to force him to stay with me either so thats why might as well just let go. Ok....I'm done crapping....it's late, good night.  

No comments: