Friday, August 16, 2013

Pictures

Looking at my junior's pictures, reminds me of the time back when I was in form 5...the good ol' high school days. Looking at their innocent faces and perhaps even awkward fashion sense, my goodness...those are going to change in years to come. I always find it how amazing, especially evident in girls the changes they go through after they left high school and enter college. The changes are like huge wan weih..from "meh" to "VA VA VOOM" I still find in shocking when I look through my news feed and see school mates who have changed so dramatically and I go " oh my goodness, this woman so hot liao, last time....oh mai gosh?!" hahhaaha pretty mean of me, but hey as long as the ending is "sudah cantik" then ok d. I mean it's great being pretty and all, but looks isn't everything, and I believe if a woman has confidence, i think thats a beauty that should be appreciated too. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, we humans always think that the grass is always greener on the other side. We take things that are right in front of us for granted. It always looks more "fun" being in other people's lives, more "fun" being in the occasion that they are in, more "fun" IF you had friends like that etc... but then when you think of it, you don't know what others are going through. What you see is only the "fun" side of things. Besides, birds of the same feather flock together..imagine, you who do not have that type of lifestyle, mixing with ppl of that lifestyle, at the end of the day, it's you who is going to suffer, it looks "fun" in the pictures, but sometimes you are just not on par to that kind of lifestyle. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's always nice to have friends who are there for you 24/7, always by their phone and if you call them would listen intently to you....but then again my lifestyle isn't like that...i sleep early, sleep like a pig so even when phone calls come in, i'm dead, my phone is not with me all the time and the list goes on so basically I'm not the kind of friend people come running to to spill their dirty little secrets to, always the last to know the latest happenings. I know and am grateful that I have friends who will be there for me when I need them, but it feels kindda sad that I cannot return the favour. But then again, we all have a place in this world, our talents may not lie in listening and giving advise to the needy , but we do serve another purpose. I try to help out in whatever way I can according to my limit when a friend needs me. So basically I may not be there to listen all the time, but I will make the effort and energy to help out in whatever way I can. I believe everyone has a purpose in life, though our purpose may not be earth saving kindda stunt or "useful" to the way the world sees it, but sometimes it's your mere existence or your little act of kindness that could change lives, and make small ripples into big waves. In a nutshell, our gifts or talents might not be the "useful" gifts and talents that the world perceives it as but our gifts still do serve a purpose and I hope you don't hide that gift because it's "stupid" but use it to make a difference in this world =) Make this world a better place!      

No comments: