Monday, January 12, 2015

1st day of class

3 things I'm grateful for:
- The number of people who are concerned about me and texted/called me to ask about my day. 
- Helpful teachers or fellow colleagues who are so helpful in the midst of chaos.
- Students who are obedient but cheeky. At least they aren't gangsters.. or maybe the tail isn't out yet..


First day of school, suppose to have 5 classes but end up only going to 2 because 1 class had orientation, while the other 2 conveniently ponteng my class. Partly my fault for not urging them to come (or should I say threaten?) I could finally understand all the loopholes in the education system, I remember complaining about how teachers are incompetent, don't know how to speak English but teaching us Chemistry. It's the same now, and I feel like it's karma. I could understand why teachers are so unmotivated because the system suck out the joy of teaching. I not only have to deal with different classes of kids but also tackle the admin side of work. Still trying to adapt to my new environment and getting the groove of it. There are times I felt lost, there were times I wondered, what have I done to myself? There were times I felt so distant from the vision I once had. I suppose after today, I learn a valuable lesson myself. So many times we go into situations and we think we can change it in a day. That everything will go according to plan. We always have the perfect imagination in our heads don't we? But today taught me to persevere, to not give up and that good things do not happen overnight. It takes a lot of trial and error and the question is only "are you afraid to fall?". Learning from mistakes and picking yourself up. I've always been a person whose afraid to fall, but I suppose it's time to take those training wheels off the bicycle and challenge myself to greater heights. 

No comments: