Saturday, September 10, 2011

I'm getting baptized !

I'll be getting water baptized tomorrow after 19 years of being a christian. And the funny thing is, I didn't get water baptized earlier was because I was afraid of sharing a testimony and also at that time, I didn't really had much of a testimony to share.

Well, it was like this, even though i was born into a christian family, but i have always taken God for granted, going to church was a ritual/routine/an obligation, and back then i was "blind" all that God has blessed me with was taken for granted. It was until i was in form 5 that i started to experience His presence in my life. I suppose it was thanks to Marcus for inspiring me to fast for a week when prayer emphasis week came about. Though we were suppose to fast for a month, but we choose to fast for a week. I fasted lunch heh heh ( lost 2KG in a week man dun play play) it was after that, that made me "see" alot of things.

I remember applying/writing in to Taylor's for a partial scholarship, and then i prayed that i would get that scholarship, however the Lord saw greater things for me and granted me full scholarship after registering in Taylor's. He helped me with my interview, gave me confidence, sometimes when i think back, i would wonder, why did Taylor's choose me? there were so many potential applicants, why me? for me the interview was like trying my luck, even if i dun get it, i would at least gain some experience that kind of thing. (but i still prayed hard for it though)But then surprisingly i got it, so i really thank God for it =) The angels must have brain washed the judges, whispering in their ears all the time hahaha coz one of the judges was my lecturer, and i was bared from entering his class coz i was late >.< how could he still have a good impression on me? anyways, i still have alot of testimonies to testify but i think i will bore you. However i'm sure of one thing, the starting point was the fasting, and then i started to join heart shapers, in which i though i would be going to shape the kids hearts to be little warriors for the Lord, but instead of me shaping their hearts, they have in turn shaped my heart. I've realised that my faith in him has grown, and I see Him working in my life more often. And now, i'm taking this step to follow Jesus in his footsteps and to be a real christian. Though i won't be the BEST christian, as i still don't do alot of religious stuff normal christians do, but i know that changes are going to occur after this first step, and i'm gonna be ready to embrace it =) Amen!!

No comments: