Monday, September 5, 2011

bling bling

I've learnt something very valuable just by making a decision of eating out with a bunch of new found friends. I've realized that it is good to step out of your comfort zone, to try new things and to reach new horizons. My mum told me once " wah you ar always mixing with the wrong group, either you are always eating out with the aunties ( not really aunties la, just that they are a few 10 years more senior than me thats all) or you are mixing around with the kids (referring to the church kids which i'm volunteering to keep an eye on), why aren't you mixing around with people with your own age? why not you change ministry and join the choir or something so you can meet people your age?" So yesterday, i finally went out with "people my age" to eat lunch. Doesn't sound like a feat? it is to me, coz i don't know many people in my church apart from my batch of CW friends whom i lost touch with since i always sit with my mom during sermons and probably just a few aunties who would accommodate in the children's ministry. So yea, when my friend asked me out, i was a tad skeptical about going, but then i decided it is time i get out of my comfort zone. And i was glad i did. We chatted over lunch and i learnt something from this guy, he definitely has live his daily life to the fullest. He didn't let money get into his way when it comes to experiencing new things, in his case its sports, and its extreme sports type. Sometimes i wonder, what is pulling me back? you only live life once, but then again, i'm not living in a world that revolves around me, there are people's feelings that i need to consider, easier said than done *sigh* but then he said something which i thought was true, he said " opportunities are out there, it is whether you want to grab them or not, if you search for it, you will surly find it" FULAMAK! so true man, ever since then, i start to look at things differently. Everything becomes an opportunity and not an obstacle, and i realized i was more willing to go head on with things instead of thinking of all the negative things it would bring before even trying, and sometimes these negative thoughts of mine would lead me to not go at all and missing out on great events. Overall through that lunch, i've met 2 more new friends, i suppose it was me all along not wanting to open up to people, they were actually quite friendly hahaha new stepping stone!

And yes, the heads on decision was actually about today's audition introduced by Jian Yong. And i'm glad i made that decision, i met a few more new people today =))) who knows what more new horizons are awaiting me? Oh, and yes, in every group, there's bound to be a glue that bonds other friends together. In high school it was Houyi, in college it was Wenyi and in church it is Joshua =) and he will NEVER see this lol but i'm really grateful to these "glues", they are the reason i got closer to friends and get to know more friends =) so THANK YOU!

No comments: