Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

I had a quiet new year this year, or is it last year? Nvm... my last few new years were spent in busy shopping malls, with thousands of people looking up into the sky enjoying the fireworks display together either with friends or with just my family. This year, my whole family went to a friend's house to watch the fireworks, the view was spectacular, her house was facing directly opposite the Curve AND her house was a condo, so the fireworks was like "WOW" Then while i was standing on her balcony, i saw fireworks from all around KL, near and far alike. Even Giant @ Kota Damansara were displaying fireworks, so yea, i saw a few fireworks. So i'm so sorry to my friends who were in Curve that night that i couldn't join you, but we are together in spirit right? looking at the same sky ;)

The recent years new year has got me thinking again, i was thinking how did I celebrate new year last time when i was younger, I believe most of the time i slept through it, and i think i have been sleeping through new year until i was form 4? yea....

Anyway 2010 was a fantastic year for me because it was my first time having a surprise b'day from my friends hahaha thinking back about it makes me laugh, i thought i was so clever, i sort of knew that they were celebrating for me ( i mean come on, they did that to every other friend on their b'day after successfully celebrating Huey Teck's b'day) so i pretended to be clever and say "oh, i'm so sorry i couldn't make it" when Hou Yi called, afterall i knew my mom would say no if i asked her permission to go out ( she's slightly better now) and lil did i know, they were 1 step ahead of me, they called my mom to put me on the prank =.= so my mom brought me to 1u, and i was crossing my fingers that i won't meet my friends there, and then...she brought me to Chilis and SURPRISE!! *shit and i'm wearing this >.<* that was my first thought lol but i'm really glad, i had fun =) cake on my face, cake on her face ;) and then cake on the floor hahahahaha the staff dropped it.

Then there was CNY, where all my friends came over =) and then we went to everybody elses house and collect ang pow lol gamble.... Then there was World Cup i never thought i would enjoy football AND my family and i were crazy to even stay up til 2 a.m. to watch the Netherland VS Spain match at a pub at Sunway Giza, and of coz we watch the finals too in my uncle's house, 2 a.m. again. Lol and i bet with Marcus for the first time, and obviously he won =.= coz he listened to the stupid octopus called Paul. yea so i owe him a meal, a proper meal complete with drinks. Oh and oso it was in 2010 that i consumed the most alcohol in my 18 years of life, though the amount is nothing to be proud of but nevertheless still the most in my entire life. Well there always is a first in everything ;) It's like ever since i had this wine tasting class in college i feel like i want to try more and more! Moreover, it is in 2010 that i had the most outings with friends. Sunway Lagoon with college mates, Car Yi and Qing's b'day party, Ariel's b'day party, Mag's b'day party, shopping with friends, gathering at Manhatten Fish Market, and i think oso gathering at Dome ( was that 2010 or 2009?) oh and a secret meeting with Tanya at her house right after my class, i think i fetched her back from Sunway Pyramid too hahaha and got lost on the way =.=

So to me 2010 marks the year which i've done the most things i would never had done in 2009, it is oso the year which marks many uncertainty and self-doubt. So i suppose overall it was a good year, with many first times. Hopefully 2011 will be even better with more new things to try! Good bye 2010, Hello 2011!!

No comments: