Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hunger Games


Just recently my friends invited me to watch Hunger Games with them but unfortunately I was working so i declined their invitation. But i got so curious on what this story was all about that i went and google it and found out it was initially a book and then made into a film, then i saw the very familiar front cover which i have seen in many bookstores while i was using up all my 1Malaysia voucher but just never paid much attention to it. So anyway, i thought since i'm so bored at work, might as well go search for the book online. After some searching, i found a website that provides a 3 chapter preview on this book. The minute i started on it, i didn't want to stop. I read until the last chapter of the preview and i got frustrated coz there is nothing more to read. I searched high and low on the internet but to no avail. I was so tempted to like drop by Popular to purchase the book , but thank heavens i found a torrent yesterday which allows me to download the trilogy *excited* 3 books in one man ^^

The book is very much interesting and captivating, a genre of books which i rarely touch. But this book was awesome, captivating since pg1. And i stared at my computer screen from day to night ( even in the office hahahaha) just to finish the book. Its as if i've already watched the movie in my head. However i read reviews online which states that the movie was some what disappointing and that people who did not read the book would still be able to enjoy the movie. Anyway, i just finished the book and went on Youtube to have a peek at the trailer, and straight away i saw the flaws... it didn't follow the book exactly which means it has lost part of the elements that made the story meaningful. I don't really know how the movie will turn out, but i hope i won't be too disappointed when i watch it since the book was full of details =/

No comments: